We love hearing how people got together (or didn’t, as the case may be) so that we can glean what works, what doesn’t and what is just a plain bad idea. Here, we’ve put together a list of fantastically funny, cheesy, sweet and awful chat up lines so you can have a chuckle.
One thing: Never use one of these lines unless you want to stay single forever!
1. Do you have a plaster? ‘Cos I just scraped my knee falling for you.
2. You’re like a cappuccino: hot, sweet, and you make me nervous.
3. You look like my first wife. (Really? How many times have you been married?) Oh I’m still a bachelor.
4. Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
5. I bet you £10 you’re gonna turn me down.
6. Was that an earthquake, or did you just rock my world?
7. Is your last name Ruth? ‘Cos you’re definitely a babe.
8. I hope you know CPR, because you take my breath away.
9. If I were an enzyme, I’d be helicase so I could unzip your genes.
10. Good thing I brought my library card, ‘cos I am checking you out!
BONUS LINE: Keep it quiet – but I’m COMPLETELY naked under these clothes.