Resolutions. We’ve all made them, we’ve all broken them. That is all in the past now though and I need you to be looking at the present, and the future. 2013. This is your year to shine.
There is no need to give yourself a mile-long list of things you need to change about yourself in order to make the best of the year and reach your full potential. Think small – I’m talking small, manageable changes. Slight alterations in your already established habits that could really make a difference? Are you one of the thousands who are promising themselves that 2013 is the year they will get fit? Maybe that you are aiming for a promotion at work?
Well, don’t just sit there! Having a goal is all very well, but without a plan to achieve your aim your resolution is going to be over and done with by the 3rd January.
If you are trying to get fit, don’t buy a gym membership and congratulate yourself on your fitness forethought.
- Go for a walk every day for a week before you even think about laying down your plastic.
- Try walking instead of taking the car to the shops.
- Take the stairs during the department store sales instead of the elevator.
- Write up a program of treats you get every time you make one of your goals – lost a pound? Take an hour off chores to watch a film. Finally managed to run 1 mile? Buy yourself some proper trainers to encourage you continuing.
- Put forth a plan on how you will accomplish your promotion.
- Arrange a review with your manager to discuss what you can do to be eligible for promotion.
- Schedule in some extra time to devote to developing your ideas or writing reports to show willing.
- Be available to help out and be there with ideas when they are needed.
If you are looking for new dates in 2013, or just on the hunt for a special relationship don’t treat the aim as the be all and end all. After all, dating and finding your partner in life should be enjoyable!
Have a think about what you want to gain from dating – casual flings, steady dating or a proper relationship – maybe even marriage? Once you know what you are looking to find, it will be easier to spot and you are more likely to be successful.
We at Free and Single recommend reading over some of our articles on getting started online dating to help you out in the beginning;